Westminster Free Clinic (WFC) and Community Care Center has been at UMCTO since 2006. WFC is a volunteer-based organization that provides free health and health supporting services to over 10,000 working-poor, uninsured East Ventura County residents annually.
Free services include basic healthcare, medications, labs, nutrition counseling, vision and dental services, mental health counseling, case management, health education programs for adults and children, exercise classes, heart healthy food distribution, and more every Wednesday afternoon and evening at UMCTO. High school students interested in careers in healthcare can join WFC’s two-year healthcare careers pipeline program and assist volunteer medical professionals in the delivery of free health care. A majority of high school students in this program are children of the patient population we serve. The clinic is on our church campus on Wednesdays from 5:00-10:00 pm
In addition to its ongoing weekly services, WFC holds several seasonal events including:
• A Back to School Event in the fall that equips local low-income children for school with free backpacks, school supplies, dental exams and fluoride treatments, oral health kits and more so children feel ready for school.
• A Holiday Toy Distribution Event that brings joy to children and families who are financially struggling each holiday season by providing them with free toys.
• Adopt A Family Program that gives more affluent families or businesses a way to adopt a family that is struggling economically. It is a one-time event in December where the WFC families share their story and their wishes and generous community members, churches, businesses and service clubs “adopt” the family by purchasing gifts and food for the whole family.
• Flu Vaccines provided every fall help families stay healthy during the flu season
• Free distributions of household cleaning and hygiene products meet the essential needs of low-income families
• Free children's books and gently used-clothing are distributed weekly.
Harbor House helps those who struggle with housing insecurity and food insecurity in the Conejo Valley.
You can sign up to make lunches or hot dinners.